Located in Shirley Park, Croydon, Trinity School of John Whitgift, commonly referred to as Trinity School, is a popular independent day school exclusively for boys. As a member of the renowned Whitgift Foundation, Trinity School has a rich educational heritage and a long list of distinguished alumni. 
Enjoying great academic and non-academic success, the school is recognised for its top-notch provision, catering for some of the country’s brightest minds. The curriculum is, accordingly, both broad and relevant, encompassing everything from Classical Greek and science to computing and humanities.
The vast range of clubs and societies on offer at Trinity reflects the school’s aim to provide a superb environment for all-round development. Photography, African Caribbean Society, LAMDA, engineering, orchestra, sailing and fencing are just a few to mention, allowing boys to engage in self-discovery with both enthusiasm and purpose. 
At Trinity School, nurturing moral and spiritual values is at the heart of all endeavours. By preserving these values, the school creates an atmosphere that promotes the emotional well-being of each member of its vibrant community, allowing for holistic development and continuous improvement.
Strong emphasis is also placed on encouraging students to engage with broader societal issues and hence develop an understanding of diverse perspectives. This cultivates a sense of social responsibility and empathy among boys, inspiring them to make a positive impact on the world around them.
Trinity School, Croydon, 11 Plus (11+) Admissions Process
To discover everything that Trinity School has to offer, you and your child should attend their Open Days. These include guided campus tours, an introductory speech by the Head and one-on-one meetings with key members of staff. Booking can be easily done through the school’s online portal.
The admissions process proceeds with a formal application for a place, which should be completed by the deadline in late October of the year preceding entry. The entrance exam takes place in December; the interviews are held in January, and offers are posted in February.
All 11+ candidates will be considered for an Academic Scholarship. Trinity also offers scholarships in the areas of sports, drama, music, art and DT. These awards can be valued at up to a maximum of 50% of fees.
Trinity offers financial assistance, known as bursaries, to families who may face difficulties with paying fees. These awards are means-tested, offered on the basis of a complete assessment of the family’s financial situation, including factors such as gross income, assets, savings, and more. Additional details about bursaries are available on this page.
Trinity School, Croydon, 11 Plus (11+) Online Test Information
Address: Shirley Park, Croydon CR9 7AT
Admissions info: [email protected] or 020 8656 9541
School type: Independent day school for boys
Exam type / Board: Bespoke online test (and papers)
As part of the 11+ admissions process for entry to Trinity School, your child will undergo a bespoke online assessment, divided into two parts:
a) Part 1: This section lasts for 60 minutes and features questions that adjust in difficulty based on your child’s responses.
b) Part 2: Lasting for 35 minutes, this section consists of questions with a fixed difficulty level.
Read on to learn more about the topics assessed in the Trinity School 11+ online test.
Trinity School, Croydon, 11+ Online Test Format
Part 1: General Assessment (60 minutes)
Maths, English & Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning
– Mathematics (20 minutes): This section assesses skills in topics like arithmetic and problem-solving. It includes questions with diagrams/charts.
– English & Verbal Reasoning (30 minutes): The English section consists of multiple-choice questions that gauge abilities in Reading Comprehension, grammar and punctuation. The Verbal Reasoning section assesses vocabulary and comprehension of contextual meaning.
– Non-Verbal Reasoning (10 minutes): This section evaluates the ability to reason using shapes, space, diagrams and images. It includes multiple-choice questions on 2D Non-Verbal Reasoning and Spatial Reasoning.
Part 2: Creative Comprehension and Problem Solving (35 minutes)
– Creative Comprehension (20 minutes): In this section, your child will answer multiple-choice questions based on various sources such as text, maps, diagrams, timetables and charts.
– Puzzles & Problem Solving (15 minutes): This module includes interactive puzzles and diagrams. Each puzzle is accompanied by a question that your child must answer by typing in a box.
Trinity School, Croydon, 11 Plus (11+) Practice Tests & Preparation Tips
Our Trinity practice tests are very accurate, ensuring that your child’s preparation is targeted and efficient. Read on to learn more!
Trinity School 11+ Online Practice Tests
These full mock tests are designed to provide your child with highly accurate practice ahead of the bespoke online assessment. Each practice test replicates the modules, timings and question types used in the actual exam.
Each test contains unique content but they are all pitched at the same difficulty level as the actual assessment. This means you can easily benchmark your child’s progress as they work through the practice tests.
Click the links below to learn more:
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 1
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 2
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 3
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 4
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 5
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 6
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 7
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 8
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 9
11+ Trinity School Practice Test 10
✂️ Save 30% by purchasing our Trinity School 11+ Practice Tests Bundle, including all ten tests. Click the button below to learn more:
11+ Trinity Tests 1-10 Bundle - Save 30%
Alternatively, click the buttons below to purchase Bundles of five of our Trinity School 11+ Practice Tests. You will save 25% compared to buying each product individually.
11+ Trinity Tests 1-5 Bundle - Save 25%
11+ Trinity Tests 6-10 Bundle - Save 25%
Trinity School 11+ Skill Practice Tests
Our Skill Practice exercises are designed to focus on one specific question type that will come up in the Trinity School 11+ exam. They are ideal for targeted practice and an efficient way to quickly improve your child’s scores in the relevant topic.
11+ Trinity School Mathematics
11+ Trinity School Creative Comprehension Pack 1
11+ Trinity School Creative Comprehension Pack 2
11+ Trinity School Puzzles & Problem Solving Pack 1
11+ Trinity School Puzzles & Problem Solving Pack 2
Don’t forget to use the code ppdiscount at checkout to get 10% off orders over £80 and 20% off orders over £200 if you don’t buy a bundle!
Trinity School 11+ Creative Writing Practice
To help your child prepare for the Trinity School creative writing paper, we would highly recommend the following 11+ resources, provided by our sister company, Exam Papers Plus:
11+ Complete Writing Guide
11+ Writing Prompts
11+ Rewrite & Improve
11+ Spelling Pack 1
11+ Spelling Pack 2
✂️ Save 15% by purchasing our 11+ English Writing Bundle, including all five tests. Click the button below to learn more:
11+ Trinity English Bundle - Save 15%
Trinity School 11+ Maths Problem-Solving Practice
To help your child prepare for the Trinity School problem-solving paper, we would highly recommend the following 11+ resources, also provided by Exam Papers Plus:
11+ Problem Solving Pack 1
11+ Problem Solving Pack 2
Trinity School 11+ Preparation Tips
By adhering to the following Top 3 Tips, your son can optimise his use of our practice tests, enhancing his exam performance and increasing his confidence when tackling the assessment.
1. Leverage the accuracy of our practice tests: Our resources are meticulously crafted to accurately replicate the actual exam, ensuring that your child’s preparation is targeted and aligned with the test format. By practising with our material, your son can familiarise himself with the structure and content of the actual assessment, enhancing his exam readiness.
2. Learn from detailed explanations: Each question in our practice tests comes with comprehensive explanations, offering insights into the reasoning behind the correct answers. Encourage your son to thoroughly review these explanations as they provide valuable learning opportunities, helping to improve his understanding of the material and refine his problem-solving skills.
3. Identify strengths and weaknesses: Our practice tests serve as valuable diagnostic tools, enabling your son to identify his areas of strength and areas that require improvement. By recognising his strengths, your son will build confidence. Simultaneously, identifying weaknesses allows him to focus on targeted practice and allocate his study time effectively, addressing areas that need further attention.
📧 Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our products or if you need any further assistance with your purchase.
The information in this post was correct at the time of publishing. However, please be aware of future changes. We advise you to contact the school directly if you are unsure of anything. School contact details are provided within the post.
Please note that Pretest Plus is an independent publisher of practice tests and not affiliated with or endorsed by the publishers of the Trinity School Croydon test or any other test publisher.
Bookmark this page? Pop your email into the box below to receive a link to this article so you can easily refer back to it later.